This announcement has 1 attachment:
We were recently contacted by Terri Arthur RN. Many of you will recall, she is the nurse/author who spoke at our annual seminar a few years ago.
Below is her message:
It's been a while since I've spoken to your members but I'm contacting people who have cared enough to read the book and have me come and talk to them because I know they appreciated the life and journey of Edith Cavell.
For the first time, a tour has been created that will bring you to all the places that story took place. I have been asked to escort that tour.
Here's a few of those places:
- The magnificent Norwich Cathedral where you will experience the ceremony commemorating her death.
- Sit in the very pews of St. Mary's, the little church where her father preached.
- Visit the vicarage where she grew up and the gardens where she played.
- Touch at her 45 foot statue in London and share in the memorial there.
- Stand at the very place her body was kept in solemn reverence in the grand Westminster Abbey.
- Experience what WWI was like in the famous Imperial War Museum.
- Feel the breezes of the English Channel as you cross it by ferry to where Edith entered into Belgium.
- Walk the street where she lived and hid Allied soldiers.
- Stand at the gates of the prison where she was help in solitary confinement.
- Walk into the Senate chamber where she was tried and see what she saw while she was awaiting her trial.
- Walk down the pathway to the place where she was executed.
- Visit the famous military cemetery on the Belgian border where American, British and Belgian soldiers have been laid to rest.
The dates are from October 9-16th. You will be picked up in London Heathrow at 10:00am on the 9th. The fee of $400. Will hold your reservation. The total price is only $2,100. That includes all travel, hotels (you'll love the Maid's Head in Norwich), all breakfasts and most of the meals, all entrance fees and much more that is listed on the back of the flyer shown below.